Georgia Contests and Sweepstakes
- It's nickname is The Peach State. It's also known as the Empire State of the South.
- St. Marys, Georgia, is the second oldest city in the nation.
- The state was named for King George II of England.
- The Georgia-Florida border is home to one of the largest swamps in the world—Okefenokee—which spans 438,000 acres.
Beauty Pageants:Georgia beauties can enter pageants for prizes and prestige. Here are a few events throughout the state and region:
- Southern Grace (sgpageants.com/Pageants.html)
- PageantCenter.com (visit the Georgia page)
Outdoors: The Georgia Department of Natural Resources website has information about the annual poster contest. Just visit, georgiawildlife.org and search for contests.
Travel:The official Georgia Tourism and Travel site has updated listings of state contests at exploregeorgia.org/contests.
For those interested in traveling Georgia, consider the following titles to help you plan your trip:
Carolinas Georgia & the South Trips (Regional Travel Guide)
Day Trips from Atlanta: Getaway Ideas for the Local Traveler (Day Trips Series)
You Should Also Read:
Facts About Text Sweepstakes
Pineapple - Symbol of Hospitality and Prosperity
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Trish Deneen. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Trish Deneen. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Trish Deneen for details.