Guest Author - Jim Fortune
When we went to Disney World, we didn't have a lot of money. So deciding on whether to stay at a Disney world or non-Disney World hotel was challenging. To better come up with the best choice for a hotel accommodation, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of staying on or off site you might find useful.
Advantages of Staying Off Site
• When staying off site, the hotels usually offer more variety of amenities to compensate with its location and they also offer lower prices since staying at hotels situated near Disney World are quite costly
• Normally, hotels located outside Disney World are larger, one huge advantage for those who are traveling in large groups since these hotel rooms are good for 5 to 6 people while Disney hotel rooms are only good for four people regardless of the age of the guest.
• Most offsite hotels offer free transportation to Disney World as well as to other attractions such as Universal and Seaworld while hotels onsite only offer free transportation to Disney parks and they will not take you to the other area attractions in the city.
• Apart from Disney World, Orlando has many other tourist attractions worth exploring and by staying in an offsite hotel, there is an easier access to these smaller scale tourist spots all over the place such as shopping venues, great restaurants and golf courses too.
• A lot of these hotels also offer discounts for Disney World tickets as well as with SeaWorld or Universal if you choose to have you accommodation with them.
• As for the food, breakfast is free and last minute specials even on peak season while Disney properties have no freebies to offer and dining on these onsite hotels can be very costly for what you will get
• A lot of the Disney hotels are already a little old compared to a lot of new hotels being continually established offsite.
Disadvantages of Staying Off Site
• In terms of quality, there is a great difference between onsite and offsite hotels.
• A free transportation to and from the International Airport will be provided by these onsite hotels.
• A free shuttle service to all of the four parks in Disney World will also be provided. Unlike those in offsite hotels where some share the same shuttle services resulting to a crowded ride, there will be no difficulty finding these free shuttle services even during the busy seasons since they run for every thirty minutes.
• Disney World offers one Magical Hour as they call it to those who choose to have their stay in these Disney properties. The guests will be allowed to enter the park an hour before the guests who are not staying at the Disney World Resort gets to enter.
• Most of the employees working in offsite hotels are not very familiar with the Disney World or perhaps, Orlando in general unlike those who are staffed in these onsite hotels who are trained well to attend to your needs.
• Of course, if you will have your accommodation in these Disney hotels, you will be able to charge stuff to your room giving you a less hassle tour to the park.
• Disney guests also have the chance to have a character tuck the kids to bed before they have that wonderful slumber.
Because we were travelling as a couple on a budget without children, staying off site made more sense (or cents) to us. But you'll have to decide for yourself.
Despite the economy I hope you are travelling and enjoying yourself. Until next time, let me know what is on your mind, and how you are doing, O.K.?
Jim Fortune - the Bella Budget Travel Guy