Top 5 Ways to Sabotage Your Fashion Jewelry Look
1) Don't wear the wrong jewelry piece for your body type. The fashion mags may be raving about gigantic statement pieces right now, but if you have a petite body frame, this style may not be suitable for you. Something too substantial may be overwhelming and give you a weighed down appearance, so try a piece which is not as obviously big. A medium-sized pendant should work just fine. And if you’re a larger, curvier woman, you may want to opt for a chunkier necklace, in particular, one that won’t bop around or vanish into your cleavage.
2) Don't wear jewelry that’s uncomfortable, or that needs constant readjusting. Picture it. You fell in love with a pair of silver drop earrings that you purchased from a Soho boutique. You couldn’t wait to wear them out on the town, but after having them on for only an hour; your earlobes feel like they’re supporting two boulders. The same goes for jewelry that tangles often or is too clunky. Confidence is the key to feeling chic, but if you’re feeling uncomfortable chances are that you’ll never project it.
3) Don't pile on as much fashion jewelry as you possible can. Sporting sizeable earrings, a necklace, a few earrings, an anklet and several rings? This could prove to be disastrous, unless you’re on an editorial photo shoot. Too much jewelry is overkill. People around you won’t know where to look first, and besides that, the last thing you want is to be accused of trying too hard to be a “Style Do.” Style should seem effortless.
4) Don't wear only high-end fashion jewelry. High end is great to have as part of your jewelry collection, but it’s usually the vendor on the street corner, the master jewelry artesian at the mall, or the creative online entrepreneur who has the one-of-a-kind pieces. So go ahead and be your authentic self by daring to be different. You may surprise yourself by becoming a trendsetter.
5) Don't mix and match your fashion jewelry by wearing whatever---whenever. If you’re second guessing whether you should wear your southwestern jewelry bangles along with a triple strand of pearls and a gold rope necklace, then you probably shouldn’t. There are proper ways to layer jewelry, but do yourself a favor and do a little research on it before making such a bold move.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Faith Ford. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Faith Ford. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.