During holiday season, many companies often host some kind of celebration or social gathering for their employees. These types of events can usually be a great opportunity to set up a date with someone special.
Top reasons to bring a date to your company holiday party:
- It will probably be more fun than going solo - Not that you canít have a great time on your own but sharing the night with someone that you are romantically interested in will sure make things a bit more exciting, especially if you happen to run into some mistletoe.
- You will be in a safe environment and within your comfort zone - Since you will be with your date in a group of familiar faces, you will be far more secure than if you were to hit the town with someone you donít know well enough to trust just yet. Also, being surrounded by people that you know will likely help you to feel more at ease whereas your date might have a bit more reason to be nervous since he/she probably doesnít know anyone other than you so that puts you at a slight advantage.
- Input from friends/colleagues - Many people tend to share a sense of camaraderie with their colleagues so by letting your work buddies weigh in, youíll get a few outside opinions about the chemistry between you and your date.
Tips for making your holiday party date a success:
- Go easy on the alcohol - Getting too drunk and causing a scene is a classic office party mistake that singles should be careful to avoid. Not only could it potentially ruin your date but it could put your job in jeopardy as well. Knowing your limits and sticking to them could spare you from a lot of unnecessary humiliation.
- Donít leave your date hanging - Since you invited your date to the party and you are likely the only person at the party that he/she knows, it is important that you be prepared to stick by him/her for the evening. While itís not a big deal if you go order some drinks or use the restroom, try to avoid leaving your date alone for extended periods of time, as this will likely make him/her feel uncomfortable.