Guest Author - Melissa Rodriguez
Your crochet project bag is one of your most prized possessions. After all, itís where you keep your unfinished projects, yarn, hooks, tools, patterns and much more. Here are some helpful accoutrements and accessories to keep on hand and to help keep you organized.
Scissors or a round thread/yarn cutter. Scissor sleeves and holders come in handy to keep the business end from poking holes in your bag or project.
Crochet hooks based appropriate for your current project.
* Case to keep your crochet hooks organized. You can also crochet a pouch for your hooks.
* Stitch markers or pieces of scrap yarn to use as markers.
* A baggy or some kind of container for the stitch markers or scrap yarn.
* Pencil and highlighter pen.
* A small notebook or notepad for taking notes and writing down measurements.
* Gauges that measure hook size, rows and stitches, and a ruler. Boye has an all in one tool called Stitch & Row Gauge Needle Check.
* Row counter. These come in several makes and models.
* Plastic Chibi tube or a needle keeper for your yarn and tapestry needles.
* Yarn sleeve that keeps your skeins of yarn together, neat and organized. Boye makes them in several sizes and colors.
* A copy of your pattern on paper or an e-reader/tablet. Tablets are wonderful because they can hold many patterns, books, and magazines in a small space.
* A big bag with compartments to keep everything in. Instead of buying one, why not crochet one?
This isn't an all-inclusive list. You can add or take away whatever you feel suits your needs. Staying organized helps save you time and money. You donít have to waste time digging through an unorganized bag or spend money replacing lost items.
If you have questions feel free to send an email or post them in the forum using the links provided in the right hand column. Also fell free to share any suggestions or great tips for keeping an organized crochet bag that aren't mentioned here.