Guest Author - Kim O´Shea
To increase buyer confidence and in turn increase bids on your auction listings you need to actively promote yourself. EBay make this easy for you by allowing you to create your own About Me page. Here you can let other members find out about you and help them decide if they want to do business with you.
Creating your personalized page is very simple and eBay guide you through it with the minimum of fuss. If you are more advanced and understand basic html you can add some extra touches of your own but you do not need to have any special knowledge to create a great page which will boost buyer confidence.
To create your page you will need to do the following:
1. Go to the Create About Me page and login.
2. Click on Create Your Page.
3. Choose either “Use our easy Step-by-Step process” or “Enter your own HTML code”.
4. If using the step by step process you will be asked for your page title and your story. Pick an interesting title and make your story as real and human as possible. EBay gives you some examples of good eye catching titles. You have two separate places – called paragraphs on the page – to enter your story and you can preview each one as you go.
5. You can add pictures that you think will enhance your page. Make sure you have the right to publish these.
6. The next section allows you to detail your eBay transaction history. This includes your feedback and listings. If you currently have over 200 listings or if your feedback score is over 100 eBay will automatically include a link to your member profile.
7. You can now add links to your favorite or own web pages. EBay has rules about what links you can add and what you cannot so make sure you check these out before you add any links.
8. When you are happy with your page click continue.
9. You are now asked to choose a layout. Simply pick the one that appeals most to you.
10. Hit submit and your page will be created.
EBay will send you the address or URL of your page so that you can send it out to your friends. The About Me icon will appear next to your member id so that other members can click on it and will be directed to your page.
You can manage your page by using the edit button at the top right of your page to change or update any items. You can further personalize your page with html by using the “html tags for About Me pages”. Basic knowledge of html is necessary for this.
You can delete your page at any time by going to the site map, clicking About Me in the community section, hit the “click here” button and then the “delete your page” button.
It is well worth taking the time to create your personal page so get promoting!