My hair is thick and takes more time to dry and style than thinner or finer hair. There are times when I need my hair to look great in the least amount of time possible so Iím always looking for time saving products to shorten my morning regimen.
I had heard of special micro-fiber towels that speed drying time. The micro-fibers are said to pull moisture out of the hair faster than the cotton fibers in regular towels.
I tried the PureOlogy Micro-fiber Towel.
I used my regular shampoo and conditioned as usual, squeezed the excess moisture out with my hands as I always do. Instead of reaching for the fluffy towel I usually use to wrap around my hair, I grabbed the PureOlogy micro-fiber towel and wrapped my hair in that. The first thing I noticed was that since it is thin, flat and long enough, it was easier to wrap around my head.
- I bent over, hair hanging down.
- I centered the towel at the back of my head.
- I pulled each end of the towel to the center front.
- I put the ends together and twisted them together tightly.
- I took the twist over the top of my head to the back and tucked the ends into the towel at the back.
- The micro-fiber towel stayed firmly in place while I toweled off with my bath towel.
- My regular fluffy towels never stay in place.
I left the micro-fiber towel wrapped around my hair for just a short time while I applied lotion to my legs and arms and then I un-wrapped it and proceeded to dry and style my hair as usual.
While I did not set a timer or perform the test in a scientific manner, it seemed to me that my hair dried about 20% faster than when using a regular fluffy towel. I was happy with this result.
- As I stated above, it wraps around my hair easily.
- The towel itself dries quickly by just hanging it over the shower curtain rod or the towel bar.
- Since the towel is flat and light weight, it will be easy to pack for business trips.
- 20% of drying time is enough of a savings to make it a worthwhile addition to my travel bag.
- I found that the prices of micro-fiber towels range from $12 to $20. This is more than I am willing to pay for multiple towels although I would pay that for one to use for travel.
PureOlogy MicroFiber Hair Towel
Aquis Microfiber Hair Towel, Lisse Crepe (19 x 39-Inches)
Diva Darling Microfiber Hair Turban, White (Pack of 2)