Marilyn Monroe Costume
Marilyn Monroe wore her hair in lengths ranging from short to medium – not quite shoulder length. Her hair was controlled into large waves and curls but was also soft and sexy looking because it was a bit tosseled. Duplicating Marilyn’s deep waves and big curls is easy. All you need is an understanding of roller setting. If your hair curls easily, you can use hot rollers on your dry hair. A wet set with what are called ‘magnetic’ rollers gives a firmer set and may resemble Ms Monroe’s hair more closely. (Magnetic rollers are not really magnetized. They are smooth plastic rollers with no ridges or teeth.)
- Shampoo your hair with body building shampoo and condition it with a light conditioner that is made for fine hair. You will want to leave as much body in your hair as possible.
- Towel blot and apply setting lotion, such as firm hold mousse or spray gel. Use an ample amount – from roots to ends – in order create firm waves and curls.
- If you want to do a wet set in your hair, there are detailed instructions in this article. How to Set Your Hair on Rollers – Wet Set . Marilyn’s hair is waved to the side in most of her styles. To do this, comb through your wet hair and set it with rollers as seen in Figure 1 and Figure 4.
Be sure to allow enough time for your hair to dry thoroughly before combing it into the finished style.
- After removing the rollers, brush your hair to relax the curls. Push the waves in with your hands and flip the curls around your fingers.
- Spray it lightly with flexible hold hair spray. Use more hair spray in the front to keep it from falling.
Do you have long hair? Marilyn Monroe’s hairstyles were of medium to short length. Mimic her hairstyle by first: following the directions above. When the top, sides and front of the style are satisfactory, gather the back into a small twist and tuck it neatly at the nape of your neck. If it is possible, arrange the back layers of your hair to cover the twist.
Ms Monroe’s hair was pastel blonde in color. If your hair is dark, you can, of course wear a blonde wig. You may also want to style your own hair as above and dress as another movie starlet.
Don’t forget the red lipstick!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Get Glamorous Red Carpet Hair
Marilyn Monroe's Romantic Hair
How to Work With Your Rollers
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.