But what makes date night so important? There are several answers to this question, and all are equally important.
1. It allows the couple chance to reconnect with one another on a regular basis. We all tend to get busy in our day to day lives, and especially if there are children, the couple tends to push their needs to the back burner to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Date night gives them the chance to have that one on one time where they can set everything else aside and just focus on each other.
2. There is the chance for real conversation. At the end of the day, everyone comes home from work or school, makes dinner, cleans the house, and falls into bed exhausted. Talking to each other about anything of real importance often gets sidelined. A calm, quiet dinner is the perfect time to talk about what has been going on in each other’s lives and anything else that needs to be shared.
3. Intimacy is encouraged. The feeling of being together and interested in one another gives rise to a feeling of closeness and togetherness that is often stretched thin when not actively pursued. Intimacy takes hard work, and putting in the time is the main component in this equation.
4. Date night is relaxing. Every couple needs a chance to breathe and take a few moments to just be in one another’s company. Just being together, even without speaking, brings closeness.
5. The entire family benefits. When Mom and Dad are close and secure, then the kids feel safe and secure as well. Date night also sets a good example for kids as to what a good marriage looks like. Kids learn best by example, and they are learning whether you realize you are teaching or not.
Going on a date with your spouse doesn’t have to be anything extravagant. It is about the time spent together, not what you are doing or the money you have spent. The main thing you want to focus on is the chance to talk. Also, hold hands. This simple little gesture carries with it so much love. And while I don’t encourage “making out” in public, a tender kiss would not be amiss.
Date night should be a regular part of a couple’s routine. It will benefit your relationship and your family.
You Should Also Read:
Date Night Ideas
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Michelle Taylor. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Taylor. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Taylor for details.