Easy Buttery Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
While this cobbler is best served warm, it’s also good at room temperature.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 to 6 cups blackberries, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the butter in a 3 quart (approximately 9" x 13") shallow glass baking dish and put it in the oven to melt while the oven heats.
- Remove from the oven when the butter is melted.
- Mix the milk and 1 cup sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer set over the sugar/milk mixture and shake through; mix well.
- Pour the batter over the butter - some of the butter will come up the sides, but that's as it should be; do not stir.
- Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the batter, and sprinkle the 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven, let sit a minute or two, and spoon into bowls.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 39
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 16% Protein 6% Carb. 79%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 227 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 19% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.