Carlota de limón Recipe
If you’re planning on serving Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo (why Americans celebrate the Mexican battle of Pueblo on the 5th of May is a mystery, but we do, nonetheless), you’ll want to make this creamy dessert to offset the heavy main dishes.
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, 4-6 limes
2 teaspoons lime zest
4.9 ounce package Marias cookies
Lime zest, for garnish
- Place the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, lime juice, and lime zest in the blender and whizz until smooth.
- Spread about 1 cup of the mixture over the bottom of a 9" x 9" shallow baking dish.
- place a layer of cookies on top, breaking some in half to fit.
- Spread with a layer of filling; top with a layer of cookies, and repeat twice more making four layers, spreading the remaining filling over the top; sprinkle with some lime zest.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least eight hours or overnight. To serve, cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 82
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 11% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 172 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.