Instant Pot Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
Although most people only own one Instant Pot, or similar cooker, I’ve found that it is really nice to have several so I can prepare more than one course at a time (meat in one – potatoes in another – you get the picture). So if it’s feasible, you may want to invest in a second pot (they are constantly on sale for very reasonable prices). This recipe makes two cakes, and there is no problem “baking” them one at a time, but it is much easier when you have two pots. Remember, the one with the most wins! Incidentally, these delicious cakes freeze well.
1 chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 cup butter
3 ripe bananas
1 cup water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Spray two 7" Bundt pans with non-stick spray with flour.
- Place a rack on the bottom of two Instant Pots; if the racks don't have handles, make slings with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of each pot. If only one pot is available, refrigerate one of the batter-filled pans while the other bakes, then bake the other when the first is finished.
- Mix the cake mix, butter, bananas, eggs, and water until smooth; fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between the two Bundt pans and place the batter-filled pans on the racks in the pots.
- Cover, set the valves to sealing, and set the pots to manual for 25 minutes.
- When the cycle has finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove from the pots, let the cakes sit for 5 minutes, then unmold onto serving plates. Cool thoroughly.
- Ganache Frosting: Place the chocolate and whipping cream in a microwave-safe container. li> Microwave 3 minutes; let sit 5 minutes.
- Whisk until thick, and spread over the cooled cakes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 246
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 1% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 279 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.