Cranberry Orange Cobbler Recipe
Cranberry lovers will appreciate this great dessert, and those who aren’t fans may like this too.
3 12 oz. packages fresh cranberries, rinsed well and drained
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a shallow 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Filling: Place the cranberries into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the white and brown sugar.
- Zest the oranges and sprinkle over the cranberries, then juice them, including as much pulp as possible.
- Sprinkle with the cornstarch and stir.
- Topping: mix the flour, brown and white sugar, baking powder, and salt; cut in the butter until the size of small peas (a food processor works well).
- Pour in the boiling water and stir until well-mixed.
- Crumble the topping evenly over the filling.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the topping.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the topping is cooked through and the filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 72
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 26% Protein 3% Carb. 71%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 223 mg
Total Carbohydrate 50 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 39% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.