Split Second Waffle Iron Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
You can use any refrigerated sweet rolls such as orange or cinnamon. The end result is a crunchy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside delicious baked treat. If you happen to be serving brunch, you can set out your waffle iron and let guests bake their own. They go well with most brunch casseroles, as well as omelets and scrambled eggs. They also make a perfect weeknight dessert when time is short.
I use my Belgian waffle iron because I like how the indentations are extra deep, but you can use any type of waffle iron with perfect results.
1 12.8 oz. package refrigerated cinnamon rolls, or substitute orange rolls
2 teaspoons butter
- Set a waffle iron to heat.
- When heated, melt 1/2 teaspoon of the butter on both the top and bottom plates of the waffle iron.
- Place a cinnamon roll on each of four sections; close the lid and bake 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the iron and repeat for the additional four rolls.
- Squeeze or spread the frosting evenly on the warm rolls and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 52
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 5% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 300 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 32%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.