Salted Caramel Toffee Tart Recipe
Chocolate Tart Crust:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
9 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon
1 cup dark chocolate (preferably 60% or higher cacao), broken into pieces
1 cup milk chocolate, broken into pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 1.4 ounce Heath bars (regular size bars)
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
Heath bars, broken, for garnish, (optional)
- Crust: Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9" tart pan with removable bottom (either round or rectangle) with non-stick spray.
- Measure the flour, powdered sugar, baking cocoa, and salt in the bowl of a food processor; process until mixed.
- Cut the butter into pieces and pulse until the mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Add the eggs and whiz until the mixture comes together.
- Transfer the crust dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out to about 1/4" thick into a rectangle or circle depending on the tart pan you are using.
- Place the dough in the pan and press up the sides.
- Prick with a fork and bake 15-20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and set. (You will have some leftover dough; use it for a small crust or roll it out and sprinkle with sugar to snack on.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly.
- Filling: Mix the dark and milk chocolate in a glass microwave-safe container (I use my 8 cup glass measuring cup).
- Pour the cream over the chocolate pieces; microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the mixture sit for five minutes.
- After 5 minutes, whisk the mixture together until it thickens and becomes shiny.
- Meanwhile, whiz the Heath bars in a food processor until finely chopped; stir the candy into the chocolate mixture and spread evenly into the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with the salt flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Serving: Cut the chilled tart into 12 pieces and top each with whipped cream and a broken piece of a Heath bar if using.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 280
Total calories From: Fat 64% Protein 6% Carb. 30%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 31 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 416 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.