Robin Egg Blondies Recipe
A bonus is that these bars can be made ahead and will keep a week or so without losing their chewy texture.
32 Bars or Squares
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups robin eggs (malted milk candies in a crunchy shell)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup robin eggs (malted milk candies in a crunchy shell), the mini ones are cuter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a microwaveable container; microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Stir; microwave an additional 2 minutes and stir until the brown sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer over the butter mixture.
- Shake through and mix on low speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped robin eggs.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave one minute; stir, microwave 30 seconds to a minute and stir until melted.
- As soon as the bars are done, drizzle the chocolate mixture over the bars; top with the cup of mini robin eggs.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 54
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 43% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 110 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.