Lemon Blueberry Buckle Recipe
This Blueberry buckle contains lemon zest, and takes on a subtle lemon flavor to go with the delicious blueberry flavor. It is absolutely delicious and keeps well in a tightly sealed container for a few days, although it probably won’t last long. In the event of a small family, it freezes well. It is also a nice dish to serve at brunches.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with non-stick spray; line the pan with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Measure the butter and sugar into a mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until well-mixed; add the eggs and vanilla, beat until very light and smooth, and stir in the milk.
- Place a fine strainer over the butter mixture; measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into the strainer and shake through; mix on low speed until smooth.
- Place the blueberries in a bowl; sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest; toss and fold into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared springform pan and smooth the top.
- Streusel topping: Mix the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon; cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs and sprinkle evenly over the cake.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 20 minutes; Remove the sides from the buckle and place on a serving dish.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 91
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 36% Protein 6% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 187 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.