Grilled Chocolate Cake Recipe
1 tablespoon softened butter, for greasing the skillet
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate, preferably Dutch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, preferably 60+% cacao, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups plain Greek non-fat yogurt
Powdered sugar, for dusting
Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Smear the 1 tablespoon butter over the bottom and up the sides of a 12" cast iron skillet.
- Cream the 3/4 cup butter and sugar until light, scraping the sides occasionally.
- Add the eggs, beating well until smooth, along with the vanilla.
- Measure the flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer set over the butter mixture.
- Shake the dry ingredients through.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the yogurt and melted chocolate; mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the skillet on the heated grill; turn off the portion of the grill where the pan is so the heat is indirect.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the grill and let sit 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a large serving plate. Serve in wedges with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 131
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 8% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 262 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g Sugars 15 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.