Slice & Bake Santa's Whiskers Recipe
Makes 8 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups candied cherries, (mixture of red and green)
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
3 cups flaked coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, powdered sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, and gradually mix in the 2 1/4 cups flour until well blended.
- Toss the candied cherries with the 1 tablespoon flour, coating the cherries.
- Stir the cherries and chopped pecans into the batter.
- Shape the dough into 3 logs, 10 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll each log in 1 cup coconut, pressing the coconut onto the surface of the roll.
- Wrap each roll separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, or if you're in a hurry, freeze for an hour.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°.
- Cut the logs into 1/4 to 1/3-inch slices with sharp knife.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool on racks, then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for longer storage.
Place 1-inch apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 32
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 4% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 26 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.