Red, White, & Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe
This great cake is easy, since it starts with convenience products that are probably already on the pantry shelves. It takes advantage of the delicious fresh fruits that are available in grocery stores, on roadside stands, and at farmerï¿½s markets. Even if it isnï¿½t a patriotic holiday, this cake will become a favorite.
Red, White, and Blueberry Bundt Cake
1 3.4 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
1 18.5 ounce white cake mix
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
Red white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350ï¿½.
- Spray a standard bundt pan (12 cup capacity) with Baker's Joy or grease and flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, mix the pudding, cake mix, and flour.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the egg, sour cream, and vegetable oil.
- Turn the mixer speed up and beat until very thick and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into three portions, about 1 3/4 cups each.
- Stir the raspberries into one portion, then the blueberries into another portion; leave one portion plain.
- Dip alternating spoonfuls of each of the mixtures into the bundt pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the cake springs back when pressed lightly with a finger.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack to cool thoroughly.
- Mix the powdered sugar, butter, and milk until smooth and pour over the cake; top with sprinkles if using.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 128
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 4% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 53 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Purchase a Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Original Bundt Pan from Amazon
You Should Also Read:
Other Patriotic Desserts
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.