Meagan's Lower Fat Zucchini Bread Recipe
If there’s zucchini around, it’s the perfect time to make this bread. It freezes well if there are leftovers, and also makes great cupcakes if baked in a standard muffin pan lined with paper liners (Frost cupcakes with cream cheese icing).
24 Servings – 2 standard size loaves
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray two standard loaf pans (8" x 4") with a generous amount of non-stick spray or Baker’s Joy.
- Mix the vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, zucchini, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let sit on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, run a knife around the edges, and invert.
- Slice when cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 76
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 6% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 155 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.