Ghostly Graveyard Pie Recipe
Meringue ghosts are simple to make with meringue and a decorating bag or a freezer bag with the corner cut out – just squeeze mounds onto parchment or paper lined baking sheets and bake; they can be made weeks ahead. If there isn’t time for them, heavy cream whipped with powdered sugar to stiff peaks can be piped onto the pie into ghosts shapes and a few mini chocolate chips can serve as eyes. Pepperidge Farm Milano® cookies make perfect tombstones since they can be cut in half without crumbling and are flat so that they can be written on with decorating gel.
The “dirt” in this graveyard is a yummy chocolate streusel, which covers a filling of chopped Snickers® (or your favorite other) candy bars. Ghostly Graveyard Pie is the perfect ending to a Halloween meal.
1 9" unbaked pie shell
24 fun size candy bars, such as Snickers or 6 regular size to make 2 cups chopped
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter
Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Blind bake the pie crust for 5 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350°.
- Cut the candy bars into pieces about 1/2" x 1/2"; set aside.
- Beat the brown sugar, flour, salt, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth; fold in the candy bar pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the partially baked crust; cover with the streusel topping.
- Streusel Topping: Mix the streusel ingredients until crumbly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is almost set; remove to a cooling rack.
- Decorate with tombstones (Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies dusted with a little cocoa to look old), and meringue ghosts.
- Serve in small wedges (this is really rich) with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 223
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 5% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 528 mg
Total Carbohydrate 54 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 20 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.