White Chocolate Hazelnut Snack Mix Recipe
Although it seems like this recipe makes way too much for the average family, it always seems to mysteriously disappear; there is never any left after Halloween. It keeps well for several weeks in an airtight container in the event there are leftovers, but don’t hold your breath – the mix of sweet and salty is addicting. You can substitute any kind of favorite Halloween candy in this mix, which is quite sweet on its own. The plain pretzels add enough saltiness to counteract the extra sweet white chocolate-coated pretzels, nuts, and cereal, as well as the candy. All in all, it makes a perfect mix.
Makes about 32 cups
3 cups white baking chips
1/2 cup butter
1 cup hazelnut spread such as Nutella
12 cups small pretzel twists, divided
4 cups salted mixed nuts, or use hazelnuts or cashews
6 cups multi-grain cereal squares such as Cascadian Farms or Crispix
3 cups powdered sugar
24 ounces autumn mix, or substitute candy corns and mallow pumpkins
1 16 oz. package Reeses's Pieces
1 10 oz. package M & M's Candies, in fall colors
1 pound jelly pumpkins, black and orange
- Melt the vanilla chips, butter, and hazelnut paste in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds (white chocolate melts very fast) or so until smooth.
- Mix 6 cups of the pretzels with the mixed nuts and cereal squares in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted hazelnut mixture over the pretzel mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Measure the powdered sugar in a large paper bag.
- Pour the coated pretzel mixture into the bag; fold the top down several times and shake well, making sure the snack mix is evenly coated.
- Transfer to large baking sheets to dry for an hour or two; mix with the remaining 6 cups of pretzels and the packages of candy.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (about 1/2 cup)
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 121
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 36% Protein 5% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 264 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.