Recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Bars
Everyone loves the straight-from-the-cupboard snack of graham crackers dipped in or spread with Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread). No–Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Bars have those same flavors, but take that snack to a higher level. These bars are perfect for a potluck dinner, as part of a cookie assortment,or as a casual dessert at a buffet or informal get-together. They’re Oh-So-Good and very difficult to resist. If possible, make them a day or two ahead so the flavors can blend and the graham crackers can soften.
48 -64 Bars depending on size
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Nutella, or other chocolate hazelnut spread
1 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped toasted hazelnuts
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
30 double graham crackers
1 16 oz. container Chocolate frosting
- Bring the butter, sugar, milk, and egg to a boil slowly.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in the Nutella until smooth.
- Add the coconut, hazelnuts, and crushed graham crackers; stir until well-mixed.
- Arrange 15 double graham crackers as close together as possible on an 11 x 17" cookie sheet (5 across, 3 down).
- Spread mixture evenly over the graham crackers, and top with 15 more graham crackers.
- Remove the lid and foil from the frosting.
- Microwave 30 seconds and stir.
- Spread evenly over the graham crackers.
- Place in the refrigerator until set, then cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 91
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 132 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.