Recipe for Anzac Squares
Whether you come from Australia and are familiar with these delicious treats, or just want to make something different, you’ll find that Anzac Squares will become a favorite, not only because they are so easy, but also because they are so good.
1 cup butter
6 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons boiling water
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jelly-roll pan with parchment or spray liberally with non-stick spray.
- Microwave the butter and honey until the butter is melted.
- Mix the boiling water and baking soda; stir into the butter mixture.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the coconut, almonds, and ginger.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 48 squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 5% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 7 g 11%
Saturated Fat 4 g 20%
Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
Sodium 85 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.