Sue's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Sue’s Chocolate Chip Cookies are incredibly good warm from the oven, but they stay good for several days if kept in an airtight container. Unfortunately, they don’t last long unless they are hidden. The freezer is a good hiding place, and they keep for months when frozen. To thaw, just set on the counter for a few minutes or microwave for a few seconds.
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons buttermilk
2 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup corn flake crumbs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream shortening, butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; stir into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold in the oatmeal, coconut, corn flake crumbs, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1" balls from the dough, place on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the bottoms start to brown.
- Remove to cooling racks and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 48
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 45 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.