Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar w/Ricotta Recipe
Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar with Ricotta is also very attractive, and as a bonus, it is actually quite good for you. It contains a full day’s Vitamin C as well as fiber, and as far as desserts go, is low in fat and calories. What are you waiting for?
3 cups strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon fresh mint, coarsely chopped and lightly packed in the measuring spoon
2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Mint Sprigs for Garnish
- Place the strawberries in a bowl; toss with the mint.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and sugar, adding more sugar if the strawberries are less sweet.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate for about an hour or more; if you have time or think about it, stir once or twice.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta cheese, honey, and lemon juice.
- To serve, divide the strawberries and juice between four serving bowls; top with a scoop of the ricotta mixture and garnish with fresh mint springs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 48
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 28% Protein 18% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 78 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 109% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.