Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
Because the cake batter uses applesauce for moistness instead of oil or butter, these cupcakes contain only 3 grams of fat and 125 calories each. Nobody will be the wiser, however, because they are extremely moist and yummy. You will appreciate the fact that the cupcakes aren’t too sweet, and don’t have frosting – instead they have a little extra caramel topping. You can dress them up a little by serving them with a scoop of good ice cream or make the cupcakes into cupcake sundaes by adding ice cream and caramel topping to warm cupcakes.
1 18.25 ounce Spice Cake Mix(or 15.25)
1 15 oz. can applesauce
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with baking liners.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and applesauce until smooth.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup into each of the baking liners.
- Mix the apples with the 1/2 cup caramel topping.
- Place a scant tablespoon of the mixture in the center of each of the cupcakes.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly
- Pour a scant tablespoon of the ice cream topping into the middle of each cupcake and spread to the sides.
- Sprinkle with nuts if using.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 25
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 20% Protein 6% Carb. 74%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 159 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.