Recipe for Malt Ball Blondies
I shared these bars with some friends I work with and received raves and requests for the recipe. If you have malt balls at home, you’ll want to make these bars, because not only are they yummy, they are quick and easy (no mixer is even needed). If you don’t have malt balls at home, you will still want to make these bars; you’ll just have to buy a big package of them next time you’re at the grocery store.
3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 sticks
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups chocolate covered malt balls, coarsely chopped (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a microwaveable container; microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Stir; microwave an additional 2 minutes. Stir until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and salt into a fine strainer over the butter mixture.
- Shake through and stir.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; stir until smooth.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the coarsely chopped malt balls and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave one minute; stir, microwave 30 seconds to a minute and stir until melted.
- As soon as the bars are done, drizzle the chocolate mixture over the bars; sprinkle with the reserved malt balls.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 73
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 3% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 152 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.