PB&J Bread Pudding Recipe
If you’re a bread pudding lover, Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread Pudding is definitely worth trying. You can use any type of favorite jelly; it’s great served with sweetened whipped cream, but it’s also good with custard served over the top, or ice cream on the side. If bananas are available, serve the pudding “Elvis” style with sliced bananas.
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 loaf homemade bread (preferably, but stale dense store-bought bread can be used in a pinch), sliced 1/4" thick
2 cups peanut butter
1 cup grape jelly, or favorite flavor
- Mix the eggs, sugar, milk, butter, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter on half of the bread slices; spread jelly on the other half and put together.
- Cut into squares.
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the sandwich squares evenly in the slow cooker.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture over and press the sandwiches down into the liquid.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for one hour; turn down to low and cook 2-3 hours or until set in the center.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 207
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 11% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 123 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 11 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.