Italian Cannoli Parfait Recipe
If parfait glasses aren’t available, or if planning to serve the dessert as part of a buffet, Italian Cannoli Parfaits can be layered in a pretty glass trifle bowl or cut crystal bowl. The desserts won’t be individual, but they will be delicious, just the same. Another time, add some chopped, well-drained maraschino cherries and almond extract to the filling.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
1 8 oz. package Neufchatel cheese, or cream cheese
finely grated rind of 2 oranges
1 cup mini chocolate chips
5 ounces amaretti cookies, coarsely crushed
12 orange slices, for garnish
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks; transfer to a separate bowl.
- In the same bowl, whip the ricotta and neufchatel cheeses until light; mix in the orange rind.
- Layer 1/4 cup of the mixture in the bottom of 12 parfait glasses; sprinkle with a tablespoon of the crushed amaretti cookies.
- Top with more of the ricotta mixture, more crumbs, and a little of the ricotta mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, garnish with an orange slice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 264
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 67% Protein 9% Carb. 23%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 158 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 22% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.