Oatmeal Cookie Pie Recipe
While a flaky, buttery homemade pie crust is always the best tasting, ready pie crusts can be used, or, if in a real time crunch, even a frozen crust. The filling is so good, the pie will be fabulous no matter which crust you choose to use. The pie, which can be made a day or two ahead and stored at room temperature, is delicious served with scoops of vanilla ice cream or lots of sweetened whipped cream (real whipped cream – no disgusting frozen whipped topping here, please). This easy pie will become a favorite with oatmeal cookie lovers and even those who aren’t.
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the oatmeal cookie mix and mix well.
- Add the raisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts; stir and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until puffed and set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack.
- Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 227
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 5% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Total Carbohydrate 60 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 11%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.