Red, White, & Blueberry Krunch Squares Recipe
Red, White, & Blueberry Krunch Squares are so easy, even older children can make them by themselves. However, it’s always a good idea to have an adult close by when kids are using a microwave. Dried cherries can be substituted for the cranberries, if necessary, but don’t try to substitute margarine for the butter; the flavor makes a big difference in the taste of the finished squares.
These squares are not just for patriotic holidays; they are good year round and will be requested again and again.
2/3 cup butter
1 16 oz. package marshmallows
8 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried blueberries
- Place the butter in a very large microwave-safe bowl (I use a giant Tupperware Bowl); microwave 30 seconds to one minute, or until the butter is melted.
- Stir in the marshmallows and coat them with the butter.
- Microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until the marshmallows have melted; stir well until the butter is mixed with the melted marshmallow.
- Mix well and press into a buttered 11 x 17 inch jelly-roll pan.
- When set, cut into squares. (It’s easier to cut these sticky bars with a wet knife
Amount Per Serving
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 24
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 26% Protein 3% Carb. 71%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 94 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.