Ultimate Graham Cracker Pudding Recipe
This pudding is reminiscent of those long-ago snacks; it includes graham crackers, coconut pecan filling, and chocolate frosting, but is covered with a custard mixture and “baked” in the slow cooker. This indulgent dessert is suitable for company and it’s very easy to assemble. The only work is making the filling on the stovetop; however, it has minimal ingredients and can be made several days ahead for convenience.
1 pound graham crackers, (3 sleeves) broken into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting
2 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Spray the inside of a 4-6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Spread half of the graham cracker pieces over the bottom of the crock.
- Spread the filling over the graham crackers and top with the remaining graham crackers.
- Microwave the chocolate frosting for 30 seconds to 1 minute (until it is slightly liquefied) and pour it over the graham crackers.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk, sugar, and eggs; pour over the frosting (or use the blender).
- Cover, set the slow cooker to the low setting, and let cook 3-4 hours or until the center is just set. (high is not recommended, since the sides may burn before the center is set.)
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream.
- Filling: Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and whipping cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved; add the vanilla.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the coconut and nuts.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 270
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 6% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 392 mg
Total Carbohydrate 63 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 30 g
Protein 9 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 10%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.