Strawberry Lemon Tart Recipe
Although I don’t use many convenience products when making fancy desserts, I do use Junket Danish Dessert when strawberry filling or topping is needed. I do not, however, use the strawberry flavor. I’ve found that by using the raspberry flavor, the taste of the fresh strawberries is enhanced; the artificial strawberry flavor actually clashes with the fresh strawberries. This Strawberry Lemon Tart is not only luscious, it is also pretty enough to be served to your most important company.
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 large egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
3 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice, (about 2 1/2 large lemons)
4 tablespoons butter
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon zest
1 package Raspberry Junket Danish Dessert, (4 3/4 ounce)
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups strawberries, washed, dried, stems removed, and chopped
10-15 fresh strawberries, stems intact
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 12" tart pan with removable bottom liberally with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix all ingredients until well-mixed and crumbly.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of the prepared tart pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until crust is set and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile make the Lemon Curd: Beat the yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, butter, and salt.
- Microwave on high, stirring every minute, until thickened and the mixture coats a wooden spoon but is still liquid enough to pour. Make sure it doesn't boil.
- Pour the lemon curd through a fine strainer into a bowl, stir in the lemon zest, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the lemon curd, and chill.
- Filling: Whisk together the Danish Dessert and water; microwave 2 minutes, stir, and microwave until boiling.
- Whisk until smooth; remove 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Stir in the strawberries, cover with plastic wrap, and chill.
- Assembly: Spread the strawberry mixture over the tart shell.
- Drop spoonfuls of the lemon curd evenly over the filling.
- With a knife, swirl the lemon curd and the strawberry filling together.
- Dip each of the remaining strawberries into the reserved glaze (if it is set, microwave for a minute and stir to make it glaze consistency) and arrange them decoratively on top of the tart.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 156
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 4% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 354 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 49% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.