Setting Up a Report Cover (Word)
Creating your Title
· Place your insertion point at the top of your document. Press Ctrl + Home to get there if you’d like.
· Select Break from the Insert Menu
· Choose Next Page from the Section Break area of the dialog box
· Click on OK. A new 1st page will appear with a section break shown at the top.
· Place your insertion point next to the section break and press the ENTER key twice to get above the break
· Type your title above the Section break as you’d like for it to appear.
· Format it for Font Type, Size, Bold and Paragraph alignment as you’d prefer. I like to use Ariel, 20, Bold and Right Justified.
Centering the Title on the Page
· Select Page Layout from the File menu
· Click on the Layout tab
· Under Vertical Alignment, choose Center from the drop down selection. The title will center in the middle of the page.
Adding A Border
· Select Borders and Shading from the Format menu
· Click on the Border Tab
· Choose a setting
· Choose a style
· Choose a color
· Choose weight
· Select This Section from the Apply to: drop down
· Click on OK
If you’d prefer a graphic border, you can choose an Art Style from the Art drop down instead of choosing a style, color, and weight.
Now to add your header and footer to the main body of your report.
Adding a Header and Footer
· Place your insertion point at the beginning of the main body of the report (Top of Section 2)
· Choose Header and Footer from the View menu
· Input your header and footer as you’d like
· Click on the Same as Previous button on the Header and Footer toolbar to turn it off
· Click on Close to close the header and footer view
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Chris Curtis. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Chris Curtis. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.