Refreshing Kiwi Lime Sorbet Recipe
Automatic Ice Cream Machines are inexpensive and very convenient. There’s no salt or ice to layer; the bowl of the machine can be stored in the freezer, and sorbet or other frozen desserts can be made on the spur of the moment. The machine does the work while the cook relaxes.
When preparing this sorbet, it’s important to make sure the kiwi fruits are ripe and soft; they can even be a little overripe. Kiwi fruits are easy to peel with a teaspoon, so this is very quick to put together.
Quick & Easy Kiwi Lime Sorbet
Makes 1 quart (8 1/2 cup Servings)
1 pound kiwi fruits, (about 6 medium)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups cold water
1 6 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate
- Peel the kiwi fruits and cut them into large chunks.
- Place them in the food processor with the sugar and 1/2 cup of the water.
- Process the mixture until smooth.
- Add the frozen limeade concentrate and the remaining 1 1/2 cups water.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into the bowl of an automatic ice cream maker.
- Turn on the machine and run according to manufacturer’s instructions until frozen.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container and store in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 3
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 2% Protein 2% Carb. 96%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 99% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Purchase a Cuisinart 1-1/2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Makers from Amazon
Purchase a Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker from Amazon
Purchase a KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment from Amazon
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.