No-Bake Peppermint Bon Bons Recipe
No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Bon Bons can be made at least a month ahead (they actually taste better after they’ve been stored for a week or so), so they are a good choice for early holiday baking (or in this case not baking). They’re easy enough for kids to help with or even make on their own, and kids and adults alike will enjoy eating them.
1 16 oz. can dark chocolate frosting, room temperature
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup peppermint candies, crushed
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup finely chopped peppermint candies
- Whip the chocolate frosting and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Gradually mix in graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup peppermint candies, and peppermint extract on low speed.
- Place the remaining crushed peppermint candies on a plate.
- Scoop 1" balls of the mixture, roll into smooth balls, then roll in the peppermint candies, pressing so that the candies stick.
- Place balls on cookie sheet and let sit for 1 hour to firm up.
- Store the Bon Bon Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 58 Calories from Fat 20
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 34% Protein 2% Carb. 63%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 53 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.