Your First Steps in Creating A Training Video - 2
- Record Audio. If you wish to record audio while you record your screen capture, place a checkmark in this second box.
- Hide Wink. In most cases, you will want to hide the Wink workspace window as you record your screen captures. So leave this box checked.
- Target Area. You have already decided on the size of your target application window. Now, you need to tell Wink where that will be on your computer screen. By default, Wink will record the entire computer screen. However, you can change this by choosing a different option from the drop-down list. Your other choices are to capture the workspace window of your target application, to use one of the preset rectangle areas or draw a custom rectangle area.
Since we have already resized our target application workspace, the option we will choose is the Window option because we wish to record the entire window of the target application. When we choose this option from the drop-down list, you will notice that the Choose button next to the list is no longer grayed out and four green corners appear on the screen. Click on the Choose button and then return to the target application. Click on the Title bar of the application. This will cause the green corners to snap into place around the application window.
- Timed Capture Rate. This setting controls the number of frames that are recorded per second. Let’s use the default setting for our project.
Click OK to save your settings. The second New Project Wizard dialog box will open. When you see this dialog box, Wink is ready to begin recording your screen captures. Click on the Minimize To Tray button to minimize this dialog box.
- Start Timed Capture. With the Wizard dialog box minimized, you will now control the process from the Wink icon in the System Tray on your computer. Move down to the System Tray and right click on the Wink icon to get the pop-up menu. Choose Start Timed Capture and you will notice the Wink icon change indicating that the recording process has begun.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.