Easy Eggnog Fudge Recipe
This easy fudge is a great addition to holiday treat trays, or it's good placed in festive tiny Christmas baking cups and set on a buffet table. It's easy to make, since the liquid is commercial eggnog. You can use either marshmallow cream or marshmallows, whichever you happen to have around, and white baking chips. Bourbon is generally added to eggnog, and a few tablespoons can be added to this fudge, although it's optional. One thing that is a must: make sure you use a whole nutmeg and grate it rather than use the kind that is already ground. It makes all the difference. Nutmeg graters are cheap, or if you have a Microplane®, it will work perfectly on the nutmeg. Once you use freshly ground nutmeg, you'll never use the pre-ground stuff again. Store this delicious fudge in an airtight container for up to a month, or freeze for up to six months.
64 small pieces
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup commercial eggnog
12 ounces white baking chips
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream, or 7 ounces marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey, (optional)
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Spray an 8" x 8" shallow glass dish with non-stick spray or spread liberally with butter; set aside.
- Measure the sugar and commercial eggnog into a large, heavy saucepan.
- Cover, turn the heat to medium, and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, remove the lid and let cook to soft ball (234°), stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in the white baking chips and nutmeg.
- Add the marshmallow cream or marshmallows, vanilla, and bourbon, if using.
- Pour into the prepared dish, grate a little more fresh nutmeg over the top for garnish, and let sit until thoroughly cool.
- Cut into 64 small pieces and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 69 Calories from Fat 19
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 27% Protein 2% Carb. 71%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.