Berry Basket SVG Cut File in Illustrator
I always start a new IllustratorR document with custom New Document settings. Although this project will not have embeded raster artwork, I have my custom setting for Raster Effects set to 300 dpi. As the Silhouette Cameo has a 12 x 12 inch cutting area, I also set the Width and Height to 12 inch. I like to remove that red border, so I set the Bleed to 0 inch. Finally I turn on the grid (View - Show Grid) and the rulers (View - Rulers - Show Rulers).
When drawing a complex cut line path such as the berry basket, I begin by drawing the individual parts. For this project, I would draw the base and four sides. Once I have all the parts just right, I lock the layer and draw a clean path on a new layer.
- Draw the basket base
- Click on the Artboard with the Rounded Rectangle tool and set the width to 6.5 and the height to 3 inch. Keep the Corner Radius set to .15 inch.
Draw the small side
As the small side of the basket is horizontal, we need the height of the side to match the height of the basket base, which is 3 inches. When folded, the side will be 2.5 inches tall.
- Click on the Artboard with the Rectangle tool and set the width to 2.5 and the height to 3 inches. Drag the side to the left edge of the basket base.
Let's create the .5 inch tab. We will need only one tab per side piece.
- Use the Add Anchor Point tool to add a new anchor point .5 inch from the left edge of the side piece. Add another anchor point 1 inch from the edge.
- With the Direct Selection tool, select the corner anchor point and the first anchor point that you added. Move both points upward .5 inch.
- Select the second anchor point that you added and move it to the left until the slanted line is vertical.
← Back | Continue →
Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe, Photoshop, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Elements, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat, Cue, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Bridge, After Effects, InCopy, Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScript, Fireworks, Contribute, Captivate, Flash Catalyst and Flash Paper is/are either [a] registered trademark[s] or a trademark[s] of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Silhouette, Silhouette Studio, Silhouette Connect, PixScan, Silhouette CAMEOR and Silhouette Portrait are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Silhouette America, Inc. Product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Silhouette America, Inc.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.