Fresh Peach Marmalade Tart Recipe
Frozen puff pastry is a real timesaver; if you can get it, try to purchase a brand made with real butter. Most of the grocery stores in my area only carry one brand; not only is it very overpriced, it is made with shortening. Whenever I'm in Europe, especially Paris and London, I bring back several packages to put in my freezer. Even if you can't get the buttery kind, the tart will be delicious. If you have lots of time, you can make your own; it will truly be a labor of love, but worth every buttery bite.
1 8 ounce sheet frozen puff pastry, rolled to a 14" round or square
1 1/2 pounds fresh peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
3/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup orange marmalade
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Prick the puff pastry dough every 1/2" or so with a fork and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake until puffed and brown; set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the peaches and let them sit in the water 1 minute.
- Remove from the water and place them in a bowl with cold water.
- Peel the peaches and remove the pits; slice the peaches thinly and toss with the lemon juice.
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, orange juice concentrate, and cold water.
- Microwave 2 minutes; whisk until smooth and microwave until boiling, 2-4 additional minutes.
- Stir in the butter until melted; add the orange marmalade and the peaches. Set aside.
- Whip the cream cheese, sugar, and orange juice until very smooth and light; spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Spread the peach mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate. To serve, cut into wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 125
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 4% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 217 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.