Spiced Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
This cobbler isn’t overly sweet, so it’s a good choice for a holiday brunch dessert. It’s also pretty, so it’s even nice to serve company. Since it’s quite easy, and has minimal ingredients, it’s even suitable for a weeknight dessert.
3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground mixed spice, or 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
3/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a 9" x 9" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and ground mixed spice in the prepared baking dish; stir well, pressing down on the cranberries a little with the spoon.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the cranberry mixture.
- In a mixer, cream the sugar and butter; add the eggs and whip until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour.
- Drop spoonfuls evenly over the cranberry mixture and spread out a little bit.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until the crust is golden and set.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 159
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 4% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 84 mg
Sodium 135 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 38 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.