Irish Stout Cake Recipe
This Irish Stout Cake is special enough to serve to guests, but will be a favorite with family members. The Official Hancock Tasters, including Mr. Picky, devoured every crumb, and requested that it be a yearly tradition. The cake keeps for several days when stored in an airtight container, and the flavors tend to become more pronounced. St. Patrick would have been proud!
3/4 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Irish Stout, such as Guinness
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 to 4 tablespoons Irish Stout
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Measure the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a fine strainer and shake through onto the butter mixture.
- Pour in the stout, then mix on low speed until smooth.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Cream the cream cheese and butter until light.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the powdered sugar and enough stout to make a light spreading consistency.
- Frost the cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 126
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.