iBooks Author Build the Quiz Section
How To Make The Template Yourself
Quizzes Section Layout
A universal symbol for games or quizzes is the question mark. That’s why I used it as the main design element for the Quizzes section layout. But to make the design flexible, I also added a solid color bottom layer. So, it’s easy to change the color of the design to match your own color palette. Of course, you can replace the question marks .png placeholder graphic, as well as the title placeholder text.
To change the color of the background layer, we need to move the .png question marks graphic a little because it is blocking the bottom layer.
- Nudge the .png layer upward.
- Select the colored rectangle on the bottom layer.
- Change the color in the Graphics Inspector.
- Move the .png layer back in to place, by setting the X and Y values to 0.0 in the Metrics Inspector.
There are two ways to use the iBA Review Widget. One is to have several questions within one widget on a single page. If that is what you want to do, choose one of the three Review Widget Layouts in the template and add as many questions as you wish.
For those who wish to have only one review question per page, the template has a different review question on each of the three page layouts. Review Widget Layout 1 contains the iBA Drag Thumbnail to Target review question. Review Widget Layout 2 contains a graphic based iBA Multiple Choice review question. Review Widget Layout 3 contains the iBA Drag Label to Target review question.
For early learners, I’ve used the graphic based review questions but it’s very easy to switch to one of the text based review questions.
- Select the iBA Review Widget on the page layout.
- In the Widget Inspector, click on the Interaction tab.
- In the questions list, the default question is selected. Click the Minus icon at the bottom of the list to delete the question.
- Click the Plus icon at the bottom of the list.
- Choose the question of your choice from the pop over menu.
Apple, Motion, iBooks Author, GarageBand, TextEdit, Pages, iMovie and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. BellaOnline is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. Screenshots used by permission.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.