iBooks Author Quick Answers
Apple iBooks AuthorR Quick AnswersNeed to find out how to do something fast! Here are the steps to performing the most basic tasks in iBooks Author.
Lock or Unlock an Object on Page
- Select the object on the page.
- From the Menubar, choose Arrange - Lock.
- From the Menubar, choose Arrange - Unlock.
- In the Document Inspector, select "Disable scrolling view" checkbox.
- Place your cursor within the text.
- From the Menubar, choose Edit - Emoji and Symbols.
- In the pop-up window, double-click the special character.
- Select the text to be restyled.
- Open the Style drawer and select the style to apply it to the selected text.
- Change the styling of the text as needed to your new style.
- You will see the down arrow next to the style in the style drawer turn red.
- Select the red arrow and choose Redefine Style from Selection.
- Select the text and style as desired.
- From the Menubar, click Format - Create Paragraph Style from Selection.
- Give your new style a name so that it will appear in the Style Drawer.
- Select the Chapter or Section in the Book Pane.
- Open the Layout Inspector.
- Click the Numbering tab.
- Set the Chapter and Section Numbering menu to None.
- Select the iBA Review Widget on the page layout.
- In the Widget Inspector, click on the Interaction tab.
- In the questions list, the default question is selected. Click the Minus icon at the bottom of the list to delete the question.
- Click the Plus icon at the bottom of the list.
- Choose the question of your choice from the pop-over menu.
- Drag the exported .wdgt file from the Finder in to the page of your iBook.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.