iBooks Author Jigsaw Puzzle
At this point, we have all 10 puzzle pieces on separate layers in our Photoshop document. But we are only half way done.
For the Bookry.com Drag and Drop widget we also need a second set of puzzle pieces. These will be solid white pieces because they will act as drop areas or hot zones for the game. There will be one unique drop zone for each puzzle piece. We can create these by using the same procedure from the previous tutorial but with a few changes.
- On the illustration Copy layer select the first puzzle piece area as you did before. This time stay on the illustration copy layer and copy the solid white piece.
- Click Edit - Paste Special - Paste in Place to paste the solid white piece on the next layer above.
Repeat for all 10 pieces.
Now we can add a Bevel and Emboss Layer Style to round the edges of the puzzle pieces, to make them look more like real puzzle pieces.
- Select a puzzle piece and add the Bevel and Emboss layer style.
- Copy the layer style. Select the other 19 puzzle piece layers and paste the Bevel and Emboss style.
- Select all puzzle piece layers, right-click and choose Rasterize Layer Style.
Now we need to save each puzzle piece
- On the piece 1 layer, click Select - Select All. Next click Edit - Copy.
- Start a new document and paste the puzzle piece into the document. Save as a piece1.png.
- Repeat for each puzzle and blank piece.
Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe, Photoshop is/are either [a] registered trademark[s] or a trademark[s] of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.