Chocolate Waffle Iron Cookies Recipe
Although these cookies can be made year round (and will be once you taste them), they are especially pretty on holiday buffets and as an addition to Christmas cookie trays.
Makes about 5 dozen 2” cookies
1 cup butter
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat a non-stick waffle iron to the medium setting.
- Place the butter and unsweetened baking chocolate in a microwave-safe glass container.
- Microwave 1 minute; stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla; with the mixer on low speed, add the flour and salt along with the butter mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon-size scoop, scoop four balls of dough and place one in the center of each of the sections of the waffle iron.
- Shut the lid and let bake 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until set.
- Carefully remove from the waffle iron and transfer to a cooling rack; repeat with the remaining batter.
- When the cookies are cool, dip the tops into the glaze and sprinkle with sprinkles, if using.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Glaze: Place the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwave-safe glass container.
- Microwave 2 minutes; let sit 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 56
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 5% Carb. 41%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.