Instant Pot Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
The batter is very simple to make, and rather than heat up the oven, the cake bakes in the Instant Pot under pressure. If you don’t have an Instant Pot or equivalent, you can simply scrape the batter into a greased and parchment lined slow cooker (3-5 quart), cover, and “bake” on low for 2-3 hours. The zucchini disappears, and simply keeps the cake moist – nobody will know it’s there. Zucchini is so ubiquitous during the summer months, this cake is perfect for using it up. Another bonus is that this is just one layer and needs no frosting, just a bit of cream.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 tablespoons milk
1 cup finely grated zucchini
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder, preferably Dutch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Spray a 7" springform pan with non-stick spray; line with parchment.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl; add the eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat until smooth.
- Mix in the zucchini.
- Place a fine strainer over the mixture; measure the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into the strainer and shake through.
- Mix well, scraping the sides once or twice.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and scrape the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot; place the trivet in the pot and put the springform pan on the trivet.
- Cover the pot, insure that the valve is set to sealing, select the "cake" setting (or if not available the pressure setting), and program for 28 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cycle is finished, let sit 15 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Remove the cake from the pot and let cool 10 minutes or so before removing the sides of the springform pan and sliding the cake onto a serving platter. Serve wedges warm or room temperature with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 143
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 4% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 308 mg
Total Carbohydrate 50 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.