Irish Curd Tart Recipe
One of the things that is pleasant about this tart, is that it isn’t too sweet. You can serve fresh berries or peaches for garnish if you like, but it’s good on its own and is light and slightly lemony. For a change, you could substitute lime for the lemon.
Pastry for a 9" pie
1 pound cottage cheese
2 eggs, separated
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon softened butter
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out the pastry and fit it into a 9" tart pan at least 1" deep with a removable bottom; place in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Filling: Pour the cottage cheese into a fine strainer set over a bowl and press the liquid out; transfer to a food processor.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, butter, lemon rind, and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Spread the filling evenly in the crust.
- Topping: Melt the butter; add the sugar, flour, and egg; whisk until smooth and spread over the filling.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the filling is set.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 134
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 17% Carb. 32%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 96 mg
Sodium 421 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 11 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.